- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Need a Cat Vet in Indianapolis You Can Trust?
We Are Proud To Be a Certified Cat Friendly Practice!
We take the stress out of bringing your cat to the vet
The biggest advantage we can bring you, as a Certified Cat Friendly Practice, is taking the stress out of your cat's visit to the vet. We do that in the following ways:
• Our cat-friendly waiting room is free of excessive noise, smells and commotion
• We conform to the AAFP (American Association of Feline Practitioners) handling guidelines
• Our facility has examination rooms dedicated to feline patients
• We provide a comfortable setting for hospitalized patients
• We use AAHA (American Animal Hospital Association) pain management guidelines
• Commitment to continuing education for feline medicine and surgery
We strive to keep down disturbing smells in our hospital and lower the stress level of your cat. Our goal is to alleviate the stress of transportation and make your trip to the vet a comfortable and enjoyable one. CLICK HERE to learn more!
If your cat dislikes being transported in a carrier, we suggest following the guide below:
Getting Your Cat to the Veterinarian
- In the United States, there are 86 Million Owned Cats and 78 Million Owned Dogs.
- Almost twice as many cats than dogs never visit the veterinarian.
- 41% of cat owners visit the veterinarian only for vaccinations.
- 39% of cat owners say they would only take their cat to the veterinarian if the cat was sick.
- 58% of cat owners report that their cat hates going to the veterinarian.
- 38% of cat owners report that they get stressed just thinking about bringing their cat to the practice.
- Studies have shown that older cats visit the veterinarian less often than younger cats and that owners of indoor cats are less likely to place a priority on veterinary care than owners of outdoor cats.
The Cat Friendly Practice program provides an opportunity for veterinary practices to increase feline veterinary visits and improve the health and quality of life of cats. The information on this page is provided by AAFP (American Association of Feline Practitioners). Check out their website for more helpful information!
Watch the video below to see how Cat Friendly Practices can reduce stress of vet visits:
Watch the short video below about why cats need routine checkups:
If you have further questions/concerns, or would like to schedule a visit with a cat vet in Indianapolis today, contact us online or call 317-291-3932